Author Topic:  PSA regarding 'fancy text' and emojis  (Read 577 times)

grubby

PSA regarding 'fancy text' and emojis
« on: March 21, 2020, 04:55:51 AM »
hey again guys! This was an announcement on our discord but I'm gonna try to make sure they get posted here too.

I'd like to give you all a little reminder and a suggestion - when using 'fancy text' or text/unicode emojis, please make sure to keep them out of titles and usernames as they don't appear properly on most computers, and in the case of the old language we used for the database - used to crash certain parts of the site because they couldn't be loaded properly! I don't want to make it a rule or anything because I don't want to limit you all, but please keep others in mind when using these as they aren't completely visible! thank you!

for info on what I'm talking about, there's a site here (https://apps.timwhitlock.info/emoji/tables/unicode) with a table that let's you see the emojis and how they appear on different platforms. These are mostly fine and display correctly, but other newer emojis and fancy text can be dangerous to the system.

Additionally, we have a new rule added to try and combat cliques and make sure people don't get excluded. Please make sure to read it when you can!
grubsong
admin & coder & storage

Tags: