Author Topic: [ Open ] feet first — the world begins  (Read 519 times)

ghost

[ Open ] feet first — the world begins
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:23:27 PM »
CLIMAX, DREAM, ALL IN - I CAN'T SEE THE ODDS, IT'S BLURRED ――
He'd been sleeping when it happened - his eyes shoot wide with alarm and panic, as he feels a sucking force beneath him, like falling- he calls out to Lavenza, but his voice is torn away by- he's not sure, it's like a crushing pressure, almost; the air is sucked from his lungs in the moment, and he reaches his paws out, streching, grasping on nothing. He's sure he's going to die, for a second, and in that moment, he closes his eyes. He almost wants to embrace it, to explore what's beyond the thin veil of life, but that's when his descent starts to slow, and slowly he feels grass tickling the bottom of his pawpads.

He opens his eyes. For a moment, all he can see is green, stretched as far as he can fathom. Above him, the sky is grey and cloudy, overcast but not stormy. He feels a wind at the tips of his fur, and he spins around to look - there's nothing, for miles, but grass. It barely reaches up his legs, and he leans down to look - the ground is spotless, not a bug in sight. A bug. He looks up, startled - "Lavenza?! Lavenza, where are you?" he calls out for his demon, and for a moment, he panics. There's nobody else here, he's alone with nothing but grass for miles. While a tiny voice in his head says 'at least you're in good company', the rest is screaming at him - screaming what, he's not sure. It just felt like a tsunami of panic.

Then he sees a blue light above him - and he lets out the breath he didn't know he was holding. "Head's up," her voice softly chimes as she flutters down, a tiny azure blue butterfly, and lands softly on the bridge of his muzzle. Ghost stands gobsmacked for a moment, before he speaks, barely above a whisper. "I thought I lost you," he whimpers, and the butterfly softly flitters her wings. "Never."

They spend a quiet moment, Lavenza respecting his silence and steadying breathing of relief, when they feel the ground stir, like a quake that shivers through Ghost's body. He freezes, unsure of where to move, hackles rising - there's no cover here, no options to hide or somewhere to go for stability. Then it happens in a flash - walls of metal, steel and gold, shimmer into life around him, and suddenly he's standing in a city. Not a village, not a township, a city. Towers rise above him, and other creatures bustle about around him, a lion almost completely pushing him over as he darts to the safety of a wall. What just happened? "Ghost's Speech." "Lavenza's Speech."
―― BIOGRAPHY ――
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:26:38 PM by ghost »

—————————————
  no i don't want a battle from beginning to end
i don't want a cycle of recycled revenge
i don't want to follow death and all of his friends

—————————————

Re: feet first — the world begins
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 03:48:27 PM »
i left my conciousness in the 6th dimension
well, this was one hell of a way to start his day. maybe if he had any bit of sense in him, he too would of been freaking out, but he just felt so tired. he couldn't shake that maybe something weird was going on, as his eyes blinked open, rubbing his head with his paw. a yawn left his mouth, exposing his deadly sharp ivories, his pools of ocean blue squinting. there was grass everywhere. ah, this was weird. had he come here without remembering it? he wouldn't of put it past himself in all honesty. while his memory was getting better, and there was no doubt about that, he still did have a lot of troubles with it. he pushed himself onto his paws his wings outstretching for a moment, before the sound of panic caused his entire body to freeze up. huh. someone was looking for someone, and he could smell the fear rolling off their fur. it left him feeling rather predatorial for a moment before he just shook his head, dragging himself to the source of the scent.

"hey, are you okay?" he winced slightly at the sound of his voice, clearing his throat before speaking up again. "oh, i see." his eyes move to the butterfly with a curious tilt of his head. while the fearful scent still lingered, it was a lot less stronger than it had been. that was good for this creature, whatever he was. cocoa admittedly had no clue, and lets be honest he wasn't gonna ask. he learned his lesson about that a long time ago. his tail flicked for a moment before his brows furrowed, his nose sniffing the air. "where the.. where are they?" as if ghost wasn't even there, the dragon was walking away, head lowered as he sniffed the grass, ears perking upwards as his teeth clasped around a small shark plush that belonged to him. "you seen mom and dad, lennie?" he asked the stuffed toy as if it was gonna answer, looking rather defeated. he supposed whatever happened to him, hadn't happened to them too. he could only assume they were safe.

with the same flash, the dragon was in the city as well. well, this was weird. this was just getting more and more weird and almost as if to protect himself, the dragon gently flapped his own wings, hovering above the ground, his curiosity only pushing up. what in the world was this?
dragon young aged info
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:50:43 PM by COCOABEAN »

ghost

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »
Ghost's quad-gaze, still wild and bewildered, darted to Cocoa - he hadn't expected to hear another voice, even less so that of a child; Cocoa was a little smaller than him, a blue serpent of the aquatic nature.  "Ah," he stammered, clammering for words to answer him, but the dragon's attention was already elsewhere. He seemed to have a stuffed toy with him... "That must be Lennie," Lavenza hummed, now hovering by Ghost's side. He silently nodded, although as Cocoa started to wander off, Ghost moved to follow after him - even if he didn't know where he was going, he wasn't going to let a kid wander off alone.

"Hey, hold on-" he called out to Cocoa, and using his light elementals, pale white wings fluttered to life on his back as he moved to hover beside Cocoa. "Are you lost too? What's your name?" he offered - he didn't like the vulnerability that admitting he was lost gave him, but he thought the younger creature would appreciate it if they were on more equal footing - figuratively, of course. "I'm Ghost, and this is Lavenza." he introduced himself, with his blue butterfly companion fluttering up into the air with them. "Ghost's Speech." "Lavenza's Speech."
―― BIOGRAPHY ――

—————————————

—————————————

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »
i left my conciousness in the 6th dimension
though he wasn't going to admit it outloud, the other hovering next to him caught him off guard, but still he flapped his wings, his head turning to the other. with a swift motion, he landed on something nearby, gesturing to ghost to do the same, though he could not force the other. not that he would want to. "I think I am.. I can't really remember. uh- my name is cocoabean. i.. think.. yeah cocoabean. but you can call me cocoa." his large, beastly claws gently scratched his muzzle, as he lifted lennie from his other paw, with his teeth. "and this is lennie." he muffled, his eyes blinking before he set down the plush down, with a small twitch of his nose. "i really am lost, aren't i?" he was almost trying to ask ghost as if the other would know, but it was clear he wouldn't. he didn't blame the other, it wasn't his fault cocoa's memory was as bad as it was, but it clearly upset him before he just shook his head, shrugging with a smile. "that's alright. hey, you know my mom and dad say sometimes you just gotta make the best of any situation and I can do that."
dragon young aged info

ghost

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 03:26:45 AM »
For the first time in a while, Ghost's face cracked a smile. It was unlike him, to be honest; but the positivity of this little dragon was rather infectious. He nodded in return, followed him to land, and then glanced about;  "Maybe there's somewhere more open we could go to have a look, or get up high somewhere." he hummed thoughtfully, and Lavenza chimed in. "We could also look for your parents too, Cocoa," although, both Ghost and Lavenza had a bad feeling they wouldn't find them around here anytime soon. "Ghost's Speech." "Lavenza's Speech."
―― BIOGRAPHY ――

—————————————

—————————————

phantomflames

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 04:35:51 AM »
This was something he was resigned to now. One moment you're settling into an old worn-out sofa, the next waking in a middle of who knew where. He blew a heavy sigh as he sat up, watching the city appear with nothing but exhaustion and mild annoyance etched into his face. "Great."

It was tiring, attempting to navigate this existence and understand why these things happened. One question always led to a million more and it gave him a headache to think about it. Better to just accept it as it was. He snorted and finally stood, stretching his legs. His ears flicked back and he tilted his head toward the conversation- guess he wasn't the only one plucked away and lost. He tried not to make a face as he approached, after they had landed. Talking to others was not a skill of his, let alone stooping to asking for help. "So, what is this? Anyone know?" he asked the moment he could butt into the conversation, paw gesturing vaguely.
❝  PUT ME IN THE DIRT, LET ME DREAM WITH THE STARS.  ❞ ―― INFORMATION

Lorthyr

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
During his hibernation, Lorthyr had detected a disturbance in the space around him. It was unlike any other magical or arcane interference he was used to, this was something… different. Lorthyr awakens from his slumber, aroused by the unusual interference. His body uncurls around himself from the usual position he sleeps in, not unlike a dragon protecting its horde. The blue dragon hazily raises his head and as his yellow draconian eyes begin to focus, he notices he is in a location unfamiliar to where he fell asleep. Lorthyr picks himself up from the ground with haste, his sudden alertness jolting him fully awake, and begins to scan his surroundings. This wasn’t the stone halls of his lair that he was used to, there were expanses of green plains and a large city materializing in front of him. “How curious…” he thought to himself. Lorthyr had seen flying cities and pocket dimensions before but never something like this. “Could it be… time magic?” he continued in his mind, “that can’t be right, there are no traces or frequencies of ley energy-” His train of thought abruptly ended when he noticed others began to appear around him. Lorythr stood bewildered, he could not make sense of the situation. A nearby gathering and conversation quickly snapped him out of it and caught his attention. He felt compelled to approach the group and began to make his way over. “Greetings!” he introduced himself, his timid approach belying his large, draconic appearance. “Sorry to intrude but… I believe I am lost, I-I’m not from here, would any of you be able to tell me where I am?”
tags & played by quibinator & reference

ghost

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »
There was a few of them, now - at least they were all in the same boat. One of them seemed a little wary - a feeling Ghost knew all too well, and the other was a rather bright dragon who towered over the rest of them. Lavenza fluttered a little closer to him, although he couldn't tell if it was for her sake, or his. He opened his mouth to speak, but Lavenza spoke for him before he could.  "The first thing is obvious - it's another world," the tiny blue insect hummed,  "But it seemed to just... grow, out of nowhere. Like this city was built in a day. We saw grass at first but..." she trailed off, leaning towards Ghost. "We need to see what's past the walls." he mewed, voice commanding but not urgent or forceful; it seemed like the simplest thing to him. He wasn't sure if he could fly above the walls though, his wings didn't support him very well. He wasn't sure if it would be grass past the walls, or something else entirely different - he had a gut feeling that lead him to the latter, though. "Ghost's Speech." "Lavenza's Speech."
―― BIOGRAPHY ――

—————————————

—————————————

Lorthyr

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 09:58:54 AM »
Enthralled by the appearance of the small, blue butterfly, Lorthyr listened intently to what it was saying. The reality of being in a brand new world in which he was unfamiliar with should have been distressing, but as the creature spoke it gave him a feeling of clarity.

Lorthyr’s attention soon shifted towards the butterfly’s companion as they spoke and then towards the walls of the city when they mentioned needing to see past them. He studied the walls for a few moments and it wasn’t long before he knew what to do. He quickly returned his gaze towards the chimera once again, his eyes shimmering with eagerness. “I believe my wings should be capable enough to ascend the walls!” he declared proudly, stretching out his wings and gently flapping them once as a quick demonstration. “I can bring you with me to try and see over the wall if you would like, although I haven’t had a passenger in a long time...” There was only enough space on the dragon’s back to bring one with him. Lorthyr set his body to the ground, inviting the chimera to climb onto his back. “It will be safe, I promise.”

ghost

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 02:27:49 PM »
Ghost looked the dragon up and down - he was a little bewildered, for a moment; almost scared - but instead he gave the dragon a skeptical look, shook it away, and moved to climb onto the dragon's back. It was clumsy, and Ghost had to remind himself not to stick his needle-prick claws into the dragon's shoulders, but he steadied himself, and Lavenza fluttered up and landed on the tufty fur upon his head.  "Alright," he answered,  "Let's get this over with." and while he seemed dismissive, there was a burning curiosity in him to see past the walls. "Ghost's Speech." "Lavenza's Speech."
―― BIOGRAPHY ――

—————————————

—————————————

Lorthyr

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 06:34:33 AM »
Lorthyr felt a bit of shame as he watched the chimera inspect him, feeling as if he was too hasty trying to appear trustworthy. A wave of relief washed over him as the creature appeared to dismiss its thoughts and begin scaling onto his back. Making a good first impression was something Lorthyr had always struggled with but now wasn’t the time for him to reflect upon such things. The dragon began to stand up firmly before extending his wings out, preparing to take flight. He had faith that the mane of fur that ran down his back would be enough for his passenger to hold on to. Lorthyr turned his head towards the creature as it spoke and he nodded, understanding that he should try and make this as easy as possible. He quickly checked to make sure the creature on his back was secure before returning his gaze to the sky with confidence.

“Alright everyone, uh, you may want to stand back a bit” he timidly warned, not wanting the gust from his wings to push anyone.

The dragon took flight in a strong, swift motion and began to ascend the height of the walls that obscured their vision. When they reached the peak of the walls, Lorthyr began to scan the horizons. He was already familiar with the expansive green plains but as he looked further he noticed new environments, each of them unique and in different directions. He looked back to his passenger, making sure they were still okay before inquiring, “what can you see, friend?”

Tags: